XCUITest & Espresso SDET
Location: Boston, Seattle
At Sonos we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers.
You will work closely with Dev and QA in the design, testing and implementation of application automation in an Agile environment. You will be responsible for automating our Sonos app, which is implemented on iOS, Android, Mac OS, and Windows platforms, as well as a shared c++ library used by all of our apps.
You will strive for engineering excellence, contributing to the architecture and maintenance of the frameworks and other pieces of automation for Sonos applications that bring the ultimate listening experience to millions of Sonos users worldwide.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Collaborate with other members of the software scrum team and contribute to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented within each Sprint.
- Engineer new automated tests and maintain existing frameworks.
- Extend the automation framework where necessary or design/develop new framework.
- Drive planning and execution of Application Automation
- Constantly perform gap analyses of existing test automation. When writing, new tests ensure that all tests provide good coverage while being as lean as possible.
- Investigate, log and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Mentor members of team to expand their knowledge to grow their development & technical competencies and drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Create/Update/Maintain our documentation on App Automation
- At least 4 years of test development of test automation for desktop apps and mobile devices.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills focused around mobile software in general.
- Demonstrate expertise with:
- C++ and Java or Swift
- XCUITest for iOS and Espresso for Android
- Jenkins or other CI/CD build process
- Experience with any debugging mechanisms for white box testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced, agile environment.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.