Workplace Experience Coordinator
The Workplace Experience Coordinator is a member of the Real Estate and Workplace Experience team supporting the operations, vendor and event management, as well as the financial aspects of the team. The Workplace Experience Coordinator is a hands-on position, working on varied tasks relating to the day to day management of our (city/region) office and contributing to the goal of delighting Sonos’ employees and creating an atmosphere in which people thrive.
The ideal candidate is relentless about details, reliable and passionate about people. You have a warm, outgoing demeanor, like having fun and enjoy building relationships. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump when necessary. You are a self-starter who likes to figure things out and a drive to get things done. You get excited about working on a wide variety of projects and can easily change direction. You are savvy at balancing the needs and emotions of both your customers and your team.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Operations: The Workplace Experience Coordinator will work closely with the Workplace Experience Specialist on building procedures:
- Front desk management – oversee the front desk operations including, but not limited to answering and directing phone calls, meeting room scheduling/coordination, and commuter pass distribution
- Office supply, snack and beverage management – take inventory of office supplies, snacks and beverages weekly and place orders, as needed
- Shipping/receiving – assist with the shipping, receiving and sorting of packages both national and international
- Security – enter guests into building management security system, check guests in, confirm NDAs are signed upon guest arrival
- Maintenance – assist with the creation of preventative maintenance schedules and place service calls in a timely fashion
- Catering and Events: The Workplace Experience Coordinator will work closely with the Workplace Experience Specialist on catering orders and event management:
- Catering – place requested catering orders for all Sonos teams, accommodating dietary needs and allocating finances appropriately
- Event Management – manage all aspects of event planning and execution. Work closely with internal teams and external vendors on wants, needs, and budget.
- Vendor Management: The Workplace Experience Coordinator will work closely with the Workplace Experience Specialist on vendor management including, but not limited to janitorial services, security, landlord, property management, catering and events.
- Financials: The Workplace Experience Coordinator will work closely with all members of the Real Estate and Workplace Experience team on financials:
- Expense Tracking – logging all expenses appropriately to confirm we are staying within our budget
- PO Requisition and Invoice Approvals – working with accounts payable on opening POs, reviewing and approving invoices, and confirming vendors are paid in a timely fashion
- Attention to detail: ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Multi-tasking: ability to do multiple tasks such as answer phones, greet visitors, respond to emails, ect. while staying positive
- Verbal and written communication skills; project courtesy, sincerity, and honesty in your communication while using the appropriate tone of voice and correct grammar
- Customer service skills; patient, attentive, knowledgeable, positive, and ability to read your audience
- Team player; able to successfully work with others by being reliable, positive and ready to assist, when needed.
- 6+ months’ experience in receptionist, workplace experience or customer service position
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.