Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
Location: Boston, Hilversum, Santa Barbara, Seattle
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You can design and write automated tests for new and existing website system components.
- Your software will help our web-speed development team stay correct as they move fast by delivering testing results through an automated framework.
- Maybe you don’t develop the web code yourself, but when you see a test result, you can help your team of engineers find the piece of code that is broken through your excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- You have a passion for continuous integration, continuous delivery, and phased and monitored deliveries into production. Your two favorite colors are blue and green.
- You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current state of technology.
- You are articulate and concise in written and verbal technical communication.
- 5+ years of experience leading web automation efforts.
- Strong engineer with at least one modern OO language like Java or C#, and a familiarity with a dynamic language, preferably Python.
- Experience using and maintaining open source web automation frameworks, preferably WebdriverIO and Selenium.
- Experience testing websites utilizing responsive design.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience with web performance testing tools such as jMeter.
- High degree of familiarity with bash shell scripting and working in Unix environments.
- Experience on Scrum teams in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Appium or other mobile automation tools.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai.
- Scrum Certification.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.