Platforms and Infrastructure
Boston, Hilversum, Santa Barbara, Seattle
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos web experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. You’ll be helping build the tools we use to keep our customers happy.
Apply your creativity and prodigious engineering skills to help design and build a globally scaled web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll make them beautiful on the desktop, on mobile phones, on tablets, on everything. You'll work across team and discipline boundaries. You’ll be free to do what you do best.
We all know that going fast means doing things right the first time. Sonos is looking for an individual to help build out our next generation automated testing framework to ensure that our web properties are right and our pace is fast.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• You can design and write automated tests for new and existing website system components.
• Your software will help our web-speed development team stay correct as they move fast by delivering testing results through an automated framework.
• Maybe you don’t develop the web code yourself, but when you see a test result, you can help your team of engineers find the piece of code that is broken through your excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
• You have a passion for continuous integration, continuous delivery, and phased and monitored deliveries into production. Your two favorite colors are blue and green.
• You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current state of technology.
• You are articulate and concise in written and verbal technical communication.
• 5+ years of experience leading web automation efforts.
• Strong engineer with at least one modern OO language like Java or C#, and a familiarity with a dynamic language, preferably Python.
• Experience using and maintaining open source web automation frameworks, preferably WebdriverIO and Selenium.
• Experience testing websites utilizing responsive design.
• Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins.
• Experience with web performance testing tools such as jMeter.
• High degree of familiarity with bash shell scripting and working in Unix environments.
• Experience on Scrum teams in an Agile development environment.
• Experience with Appium or other mobile automation tools.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai.
• Scrum Certification.
If you are interested in this role and helping to fill every home with music, please send us you application and wow us. You can expect a response in 2 weeks time. If you are selected you'll be invited for a video interview as a first step with the hiring manager.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.