Web Developer Front End
Platforms and Infrastructure
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers. Our web experience reflects this same passion. It’s a place to learn about our products and interact with the Sonos community. A place you want to keep coming back to; a place where you belong.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos web experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. You’ll be helping build the tools we use to keep our customers happy.
Apply your creativity and prodigious engineering skills to help design and build a globally scaled web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll make them beautiful on the desktop, on mobile phones, on tablets, on everything. You'll work across team and discipline boundaries. You’ll be free to do what you do best.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• You know responsive and adaptive design, and you can turn that knowledge into fluid experiences.
• You write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
• You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current state of technology.
• You are articulate and concise in written and verbal technical communication.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years working with and loving HTML and CSS.
• Able to translate designs into web experiences, and communicate with designers when you have ideas that might help bring the experience to life.
• You know how source control works and you can’t live without it, you are test-first, and you know that going fast means getting things right at the start.
• Proven ability to get projects out the door with high quality, on tight timelines.
• Animation experience with CSS animations or SVG.
• SEO experience and understanding of what it takes to make search engines do your bidding.
• Experience working with a commercial content management system. Salesforce Commerce Cloud / Demandware preferred.
• Experience in all part of the web development stack, even if you are not an expert there.
• An understanding of web testing frameworks and how to use them.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.