Web Back End Developer
Platforms and Infrastructure
Boston, Hilversum, Santa Barbara, Seattle
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos web experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. You’ll be helping build the tools we use to keep our customers happy.
Apply your creativity and prodigious engineering skills to help design and build a globally scaled web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll put the services in place to make the front end purr like a well-tuned engine. You’ll integrate into our enterprise applications to get orders placed and products on trucks so products quickly end up in our customer’s hands. You'll work across team and discipline boundaries. You’ll be free to do what you do best.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Strong foundations make strong experiences. The foundation of our major web property is Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and you own the technical pieces of what happens there.
• Scale the back end services to serve our customers all over the world.
• You will work within integration platforms such as MS BizTalk to integrate Commerce Cloud feeds with our ERP and CRM platforms.
• Be a major voice in the design of our enterprise integration initiatives.
• Perform platform specific implementations, enhancements, bug fixes, and production support outside of the core Commerce Cloud domain.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience with e-commerce back-end development and application development within an enterprise setting.
• Previous work on Commerce Cloud implementation projects.
• Experience working with REST and SOAP Web Service Integration at scale.
• Experience on Scrum teams in an Agile development environment.
• Experience developing with C# .NET.
• Experience integrating with MS Dynamics GP and good understanding of its data model.
• Experience with AWS EC2.
If you are interested in this role and helping to fill every home with music, please send us you application and wow us. You can expect a response in 2 weeks time. If you are selected you'll be invited for a video interview as a first step with the hiring manager.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.