Validation Test Engineer, Firmware & Embedded Systems
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Collaborate with other members of the Smart Speaker Team to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented at the end of each sprint.
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation.
- Proactively work with developers to debug software and hardware solutions during new product development.
- Define and develop test automation to improve testing efficiency and coverage.
- Write (automated) test cases that exercise audio pipeline and integrate them into the current framework.
- Investigate log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Monitor, debug, and fix breakages within our automated infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior test engineers.
- Add and democratize new forms of data and metrics to allow the team to make decisions on where to focus and improve our tests.
- Be an active participant and engaged part of your Scrum team – you are the voice of both quality and the customer during the development process.
- Strong knowledge of software test methodologies & test automation principles applied to manual testing of embedded systems.
- Some experience in Python, Java or C/C++ or shell scripting in a Linux environment.
- Experience in using automation frameworks and automation testing strategies.
- Strong networking knowledge with expertise in troubleshooting and debugging.
- Experienced in testing embedded systems preferably Linux (user and kernel space).
- Demonstrated ability of defining and implementing software test plans, as well as automation, for audio or embedded systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.