Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
The VP of FP&A will be an experienced leader who can support our CFO and the rest of the finance team in financial planning, reporting, analysis, and implementation of exemplary financial systems, tools, and processes.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Financial planning (budgeting, forecasting, long-range planning) - Responsible for turning senior management’s long term strategic plans into reality through the development of goal-oriented operations and financial plans
- Management reporting and analysis - Advise management on decisions through financial analysis and modeling of business opportunities. Provide analysis of past financial records, explanations of variance, keeping up to date forecasts, and KPIs
- Experienced leader - As a newly public company, Sonos is seeking a candidate with the ability to take our FP&A organization to the next level through best practices and accountability. Recruit, motivate, develop and retain a high-performing team of approximately 30 people.
- Cross-functional relationship builder - Expert at building strong relationships with various facets of the business both inside finance and across the organization
- Develop financial systems and tools (ERP, forecasting & BI/reporting) to increase effectiveness of FP&A and the broader Finance organization.
- 10+ years of finance experience
- Multiple years of VP level leadership experience
- Hardware and/or software forecasting experience
- Santa Barbara or Boston location ideal
- Ownership - embraces full accountability
- Collaboration - works well across diverse groups at Sonos to arrive at positive outcomes
- Active learner - constant questioning and growing; actively seeks diverse viewpoints, creating a culture where it’s safe to dissent, with getting to the best decision/outcome as the goal rather than being “right”
- Respect – fosters a culture of respect within their team, and acts with integrity in all interactions inside and outside of Sonos
- Transparency – openly shares motives, decisions, data and knowledge so others can be successful, erring on the side of full disclosure and over communication
- Talent magnet – proven track record of attracting and developing talented people from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, genders, races, and ages
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.