User Experience Designer: Partner Integrations & Sound Platform
Department: Design and Creative
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Design, test, refine and document compelling experiences for Sonos smart speakers
- Work closely with Sonos cross-functional teams including product managers and engineering
- Work closely with our internal and external partners to drive and understand user needs and experience requirements
- Advocate for Sonos users as you strive to make the right product
- Travel to other Sonos offices, up to 10% of time, and travel to partner locations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as user experience design, user interface design, industrial design, graphic design
- 3-8 years of experience in user experience design and/or user interface design
- Extensive experience in the user experience design, including interaction and mobile applications.
- Proven success designing products that are both pleasurable and easy to use
- Strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in cross-functional teams
- Deep experience working with software engineers in the Agile process
- Aptitude for taking input from multiple sources and synthesizing it into coherent designs
- An eye for visual design and creating visually appealing deliverables
- A current portfolio available for viewing
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.