UX Product Designer — Setup Experiences
Department: Design and Creative
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and developers to define and build new experiences in our app, and improve existing ones.
- Use Figma to create high-fidelity experience flow specifications, focusing on capturing flow specifics, system states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic.
- Create prototypes to support user research and inform the development of Sonos experiences.
- Understand, leverage, apply and extend our visual design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
- Collaborate deeply with the development side and craft technically mindful experiences.
- Represent the user in everything we build. Participate in primary and secondary research to understand the context of your work, and use this context as the foundation for our design work.
- Craft in-app experience user flows and patterns aiming to delight our users, and clarify the user journey vision for our development team.
- Think at a hardware platform level and apply seamless software experience design (user-flows, wireframes, specifications) across a portfolio of devices with differing technical needs.
- You have 4+ years of hands-on digital product design experience, shipping apps and software within an agile team environment.
- You have experience with design and technologies for iOS, Android, crafting experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- You’ve worked with design systems before to create consistently high quality experiences.
- You’re effective throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UX, UI and visual design.
- You’ve created detailed interactive design and prototypes using Sketch, Figma, Invision, Flinto, Principle, Adobe XD, Framer, etc.
- You’ve got experience using Jira, Confluence and the Google suite.
- You’re focused on the listener. You’re curious. You enjoy supporting stakeholder interviews and user research, and integrating findings into final designs.
- You’re an excellent communicator of design work rationalize proposals and communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- You are passionate about technology, own the success or failure of your design and constantly look to improve shipped work.
- Experience working with systems that combine hardware and software in a consumer goods context.
- Understanding and appreciation for code and complex systems.
- Experience working with distributed teams and understand the sensibilities, autonomy and responsibility that come with it.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.