Territory Sales Manager (East US) - Installed Solutions
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Other US
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Model our Company Behaviors: At Sonos, we believe in living the behaviors of Respect, Collaboration, Ownership, and Transparency. As the leader of the team, you must be a model for how we live these values.
- Sales Development: Spending regular time analyzing your territory's performance and understanding where the opportunities are is a critical activity to direct your team's efforts to where they will have the most impact.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: As a lean and flat organization, it is imperative that we develop strategies and tactics that drive sales results. This will include -- but are not limited to -- project management of large trade shows, training tours, sales incentive programs, and merchandising initiatives. Execution of these activities at a high level ensures that we show up as a world-class brand in the eyes of our partners.
- Training: Your team will come from a diverse background. It is your responsibility to ensure that they develop both the hard and soft skills to be highly impactful in their role.
- Coaching: Twice a year you will visit each of the members of your team in which you will attend meetings with them. At the conclusion of these visits, you will provide written coaching on what they should start, stop, and continue.
- Senior Level Engagement: As the most senior level person in your Territory it essential to build relationships with your most valuable commercial partners. Building strong relationships at this level are vital to influencing decisions that impact our brand.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ experience in B2B sales with a proven track record (preferably in Consumer Electronics)
- 3-5+ years of people leadership experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Proficiency in both Microsoft Office or Google Suite (ideally both)
- Ability to travel 30-40% annually
- 5-10 years people management experience, preferably with remote employees
- Account management experience in consumer electronics
- Highly skilled writer and speaker, adept at communicating to varying audiences
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to strike a balance between team progression and project management
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.