Technical Support Engineer (German)
Department: Customer Care
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Provide outstanding technical assistance to our customers through live troubleshooting and problem isolation.
- Proactively take ownership of open issues and interface successfully with management and the engineering team.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through end-to-end management of each service request that is offered via phone, e-mail and social channels.
- Follow-up with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- Identify, analyze and solve software and hardware issues.
- Work with music services and all operating systems (Mac, Android, Windows and iOS).
- Constantly learn, expand and share your knowledge.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English.
- Experienced with home network troubleshooting and configuration including wireless configuration, router settings, and Internet security software.
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Inquisitive, bright & creative troubleshooter.
- True team player, no 9-5 mentality.
- Must love music!
- Knowledge of Mac/PC, Android and iOS operating systems strongly desired.
- Certifications desired (CCNA, CWNA, MCSA, N+, A+) but not required.
- College degree in Computer Science or other related field preferred.
- Driven to go the extra mile to solve an issue.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.