Technical Project Manager - First Experience
Platforms and Infrastructure
Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest audio experiences in the world for our customers. Potential customers want to see and feel that experience first hand as they make their buying decisions. An epic first experience is what makes people realize what Sonos is all about, and you’re just the one to make it happen.
This position will be responsible for program management in the Platforms & Infrastructure team with a focus on retail system delivery. This position is ultimately accountable for the successful implementation of large cross-functional project including the implementation of custom designed hardware, software systems that run on it, and the fit of those systems to multiple retailers world-wide. The perfect candidate is an experienced hands-on music lover with several significant retail-oriented technical projects under their belt, a high level of energy, flexibility and the perpetual enthusiasm get projects done in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Ensure that programs are driven to accomplish their business objectives including scope, schedule, and cost by tracking program execution, working cross functionally to predict and work around obstacles.
• Requires appropriate technical acumen to resolve or mitigate program level issues and risks related to delivered functionality, schedule and/or budget.
• Provide regular and accurate status updates.
• Develop and drive project plans in agile and/or waterfall technologies from concept to production by working closely with cross-functional stakeholders
• Lead requirements gathering initiatives through collaboration with business partners.
• Closely coordinate cross-functional global business partners and technical teams to ensure close alignment, clear dependencies, and streamlined execution.
• Define and manage program budget.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Lead and manage special initiatives as they arise.
• Identify and implement process improvements.
• Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues.
• 7+ years experience program managing large scale applications development or systems conversion programs, preferably across multiple organizations and technologies
• Must have experience working with various retailers, preferably world-wide
• Functional and/or technical experience with software development projects.
• High integrity team player who is self-motivated and will rapidly gain respect from other team members
• Decisive, action-oriented attitude; able and willing to own issues and drive resolution
• Knowing when and how to ask tough questions regarding any aspect necessary to deliver a successful project
• Excellent organizational and collaboration abilities to motivate global cross-functional teams
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coach others.
• Creativity and ability to work independently with limited guidance, proven ability to create structures and develop operational concepts while performing under pressure to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of common office software and project management tools, experience with both waterfall and agile development methodologies
• Comprehensive knowledge of program management principles, practices and procedures.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.