Technical Project Manager - Customer Experience
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
- Integrate CX systems, and allow integration from outside CX
- Make it easy to communicate in a single brand voice, end to end
- Leverage technology to reduce customer & agent effort in all touchpoints
- Build globally scalable solutions that empower stakeholders world-wide
- Invest strategically in our infrastructure to bring quality capabilities to bear faster
- Instrumentation of the customer experience
- Salesforce and Diagnostics APIs
- Security and privacy
- E-commerce conversion
- Personalized customer interactions
- Capacity planning, dependency tracking, and predictability
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Drive alignment on CX Technologies requirements, success metrics, capabilities, and priorities.
- Envision, describe, and propose unifying efforts across all Customer Experience.
- Coordinate cross-functional dependencies, priorities, and tracking.
- Create and update project roadmaps.
- Participate in Agile Sprint planning for the CXT teams.
- Act as the liaison between CXT and stakeholders such as Retail and Brand.
- Translate requirements into concrete software solution proposals.
- Create schedules, identify and communicate risks to stakeholders, define risk mitigation strategies.
- Proactively uncover unanticipated issues while keeping teams unblocked.
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership for the success of a program.
- Communicate plans and progress on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
- You must be able to ramp up quickly and become a subject matter expert for the projects you oversee. This role requires more than the ability to create a schedule and send status updates.
- 5+ years experience in project/program management or similar roles planning and managing product or internal tools development, exploration, innovation, and/or design programs.
- Experience managing large cross-functional programs with multiple internal and external dependencies.
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously .
- Able to communicate technical concepts, risks, and interdependent requirements clearly and effectively.
- Experience managing projects for internal tools, customer support, website development, and E-commerce .
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Business expertise with MBA or equivalent practical real-world experience is a plus .
- Experience working with distributed teams.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.