Technical Accounting Manager
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Provide technical accounting expertise for non-routine, unusual or complex events and transactions, as well as ensuring an adequate control environment for such transactions
- Ensure accuracy and adequacy of the Company’s more complex SEC disclosures such as EPS, statement of cash flows, and disaggregated revenue
- Review and document the Company’s ongoing analyses for key revenue recognition assumptions and conclusions under ASC 606
- Review all new and revised customer contracts to ensure consistent application of the Company’s revenue recognition policies
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, analyzed, and documented in accounting memorandums
- Serve as a subject matter expert on technical accounting on all topics, with a focus on revenue related issues
- Lead the development of the Company’s accounting policy manual
- Collaborate effectively with the company’s external auditors to successfully resolve complex accounting and reporting matters
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Operations team in the monthly revenue close process
- Assist the External Reporting team with the completion of SEC filings
- Lead the implementation of ASC 842, Leases
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance for all areas of responsibility
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience; experience can be a combination of Big 4 public accounting firm and industry experience
- Technology industry and public company experience preferred
- Knowledge of technical accounting literature including but not limited to ASC 606
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong attention to detail
- CPA required
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.