Talent Experience Specialist
Human Resources and Talent
At Sonos - whether you’re a customer, partner, employee or candidate - the experience comes first. As a Talent Experience Specialist, you’ll provide a personal and authentic experience to our candidates. Your goal will be to make sure our candidates walk away feeling valued, heard, and with such a deep understanding of Sonos that they’ll know whether Sonos is the right fit for them.
Just as Sonos Trueplay customizes the sound for a specific room, you’ll customize each candidate’s experience. You will take the time to understand the candidate’s specific needs, and consult on the right experience based on what you know is important to each person. In doing so, you’ll develop all candidates into Sonos promoters, regardless of the ultimate outcome.
As a Talent Experience Specialist you will have a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on our hiring, our employer brand, and the future of Sonos.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
While the core of the TES role is candidate management and communications, no day will look exactly the same. You’ll balance a handful of different activities that will change each day based on emerging priorities. As a partner to both the recruiter and hiring teams, you will:
• actively participate in search kick-off meetings, working with the recruiter to clearly define what the hiring manager needs so you can help assess whether the candidate, the role and the company are a match
• design candidate interview schedules, with a particular emphasis on making the day meaningful and personal for each candidate. This may include arranging candidate travel, considering the candidate’s family or pets when appropriate, and hosting the candidate's onsite days, making sure they feel like a welcome guest in our Sonos offices and that they are getting what they need out of the visit.
• provide candidate feedback based on your interactions and contribute to the post-interview assessment de-briefs
• team with your global TES peers to ensure continuity in our global experience, and contribute to a variety of wide-scale candidate experience initiatives.
• You are organized and nailing the details warms your heart. You can follow established processes (and make suggestions for improvement) and coordinate several schedules across time zones and meeting types without getting flustered.
• You can solve problems in the moment and recover quickly when things don’t go as planned. If something goes wrong, you handle chaos with grace and can respond well in the moment.
• You really are a people person – you have a deep passion for people and building relationships, understanding what makes them tick, and feel tremendous joy and pride to be able to add that extra touch and create something special for every person you engage with.
• High EQ – you are the one who can see what people need
• You’re bullet proof when it comes to feedback, and crave it in order to learn from others
• You’ve got a positive attitude, a can do personality, and trust your intuition and strive to treat others how you’d like to be treated
• You can command the attention of anyone with your knowledge, wit and presence.
Apply now and help us get to know you and why this is the right opportunity for you. Help us see how and where you put the experience first and how you connect with people. If there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.