Systems Integration Engineer - HW Verification
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- As a System Integration Engineer for HW verification, you will provide enthusiastic and inspirational HW verification engineering to the product development organization.
- You will be responsible for performing HW verification tasks through the entire HW development process, from early product concepting to mass production preparation, in close collaboration with other technical teams in both HW and SW.
- Early in the development process, you will help to analyze program HW NUDD’s (New, Unique, Difficult, Different)and innovate filling any gaps
- Define and develop test automation to improve testing efficiency and coverage.
- You’ll help to develop product requirements & specifications while product is still in concept phase. You will drive prototypes through HW verification based on plans.
- You make sure all HW issues you reveal are properly logged into database and fixed in a timely manner. You provide technical expertise supporting debug efforts as necessary.
- You work together with our team and external partners clearing HW bugs and improving product HW maturity until everyone agrees it is ready for mass production. You assist other teams on any HW verification related issues and support efforts to find root causes for found HW issues.
- Experience creating innovative mass volume products of high HW quality
- Experience communicating (written and verbally) and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- 4+ years successful experience in consumer product hardware development with BSEE or equivalent educational background.
- Working knowledge of computing systems including analog/digital electronics. Design or test experience on transducers, audio amplifier hardware, acoustics, wireless communication technologies, AC and DC power supplies, ethernet and signal integrity measurements is a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience working with Linux/Unix operating systems using command line interface. Ability to modify scripts in Perl, Python or similar language for HW test automation.
- Permitted to work in the USA. Able to travel within the US and Asia.
- Previous demonstrated consumer device verification experience
- Experience in audio, smart home or mobile products
- Hands-on HW design experience. EE and/or ME.
- Expertise creating test scripts.
- Experience collaborating with external ODM/JDM/CM partners from Asia.
- Experience integrating multiple sub-systems (including SW) into final product.
- Expertise troubleshooting and debugging electronics, wireless and networking systems.
- Working knowledge of quality tools and statistical methods
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.