Supplier Quality Manager, Transducer
Department: Product Operations
The Supplier Quality Manager (SQM), Transducer, will have global quality management responsibility for Sonos’ supplier-manufactured transducer parts. An early responsibility of this position will be to develop and implement the supplier quality management processes and systems that are necessary to ensure that parts are continuously delivered by Sonos’ suppliers at acceptable quality levels. The position will also be responsible for managing and reporting on the day to day quality performance of Sonos’ suppliers, lead technical problem resolution, provide DFx support through the product development cycle, conduct supplier factory and process audits and qualifications, and play an integral part in the Sonos’ source selection process.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of supplier quality engineering experience in China working with electrical parts in a high volume environment. Specifically, the successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in Transducer and Transducer components. He/She will need the experiences and skills to effectively conduct the following major responsibilities:
· Conduct supplier factory and process audits and qualifications
· Review and approve supplier SOP’s and SIP’s, and ensure 100% SOP/SIP document compliance
· Lead FAI and Cpk review’s to finalize engineering specifications so that all critical dimensions are able to be mass produced at high yields
· Support new supplier and process development to satisfy the needs of Sonos’ aggressive product roadmaps
· Validate supplier Gauge R&R requirements are complied with
· Support Sonos’ Design for Manufacturing & Quality initiatives throughout the product development cycle
· Review and approve supplier raw materials incoming inspection methodology and criteria
· Achieve 100% OQC/IQC correlation between Sonos’ suppliers and contract manufacturers
· Develop supplier quality KPI’s and weekly reporting format and content
· Implement Continuous Improvement Systems and regular progress reporting with all key suppliers
· Provide supplier on-site technical leadership for all problem diagnosis & resolution on sustaining
Products, and manage supplier’s 8D problem solving process
· Conduct supplier tool qualifications necessary to achieve required supply capacities
· Ensure on-site supplier technical coverage during critical NPI and PVT builds
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
1) A minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality engineering within a high volume manufacturing environment, transducer experience is preferred.
2) An excellent problem solver applying analytical and data-driven methodologies
3) A strategic thinker and results oriented;
4) Excellent decisiveness - able to make decisions even when perfect data is not available
5) Comfortable working in a start-up environment – able to create and implement processes and systems from scratch
6) A proven supplier relationship management track record;
7) Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and English
8) Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
In addition, the candidate should have a bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering from an accredited university, be willing and able to travel within China up to 50% of their time, and have excellent Mandarin and English language skills (both written and spoken).
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.