Supplier Quality Manager, ME Parts
Department: Product Operations
The Supplier Quality Manager (SQM), ME Parts, will have global quality management responsibility for Sonos’ supplier-manufactured mechanical enclosure parts. An early responsibility of this position will be to develop and implement the supplier quality management processes and systems that are necessary to ensure that parts are continuously delivered by Sonos’ suppliers at acceptable quality levels. The position will also be responsible for managing and reporting on the day to day quality performance of Sonos’ suppliers, lead technical problem resolution, provide DFx support through the product development cycle, conduct supplier factory and process audits and qualifications, and play an integral part in the Sonos’ source selection process.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of supplier quality engineering experience in China working with mechanical parts in a high volume environment. Specifically, the successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in plastic injection molding, metal stamping, and finishing processes. He will need the experiences and skills to effectively conduct the following major responsibilities:
- Conduct supplier factory and process audits and qualifications
- Review and approve supplier SOP’s and SIP’s, and ensure 100% SOP/SIP document compliance
- Lead FAI and Cpk review’s to finalize engineering specifications so that all critical dimensions are able to be mass produced at high yields
- Support new supplier and process development to satisfy the needs of Sonos’ aggressive product roadmaps
- Validate supplier Gauge R&R requirements are complied with
- Support Sonos’ Design for Manufacturing & Quality initiatives throughout the product development cycle
- Review and approve supplier raw materials incoming inspection methodology and criteria
- Achieve 100% OQC/IQC correlation between Sonos’ suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Develop supplier quality KPI’s and weekly reporting format and content
- Implement Continuous Improvement Systems and regular progress reporting with all key suppliers
- Provide supplier on-site technical leadership for all problem diagnosis & resolution on sustaining products, and manage supplier’s 8D problem solving process
- Conduct supplier tool qualifications necessary to achieve required supply capacities
- Ensure on-site supplier technical coverage during critical NPI and PVT builds
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
1) A minimum of 5 years experience in mechanical parts supplier quality engineering within a high volume manufacturing environment
2) An excellent problem solver applying analytical and data-driven methodologies
3) A strategic thinker and results oriented
4) Excellent decisiveness - able to make decisions even when perfect data is not available
5) Comfortable working in a start-up environment – able to create and implement processes and systems from scratch
6) A proven supplier relationship management track record
7) Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and English
8) Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
In addition, the candidate should have a bachelor degree in mechanical or process/controls engineering from an accredited university, be willing and able to travel within China up to 75% of their time.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.