Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), Electrical Parts
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), Electrical Parts, will have global
quality management responsibility for Sonos’ supplier-manufactured electrical
parts. An early responsibility of this position will be to develop and
implement the supplier quality management processes and systems that are
necessary to ensure that parts are continuously delivered by Sonos’ suppliers
at acceptable quality levels. The position will also be responsible for
managing and reporting on the day to day quality performance of Sonos’
suppliers, lead technical problem resolution, provide DFx support through the
product development cycle, conduct supplier factory and process audits and
qualifications, and play an integral part in the Sonos’ source selection
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of
supplier quality engineering experience in China working with electrical parts
in a high volume environment. Specifically, the successful candidate will have
extensive knowledge and experience in PCB, Capacitor, inductor, transformer, and
He/She will need the experiences and skills to effectively conduct the
following major responsibilities:
- Conduct supplier factory and process audits and qualifications
- Review and approve supplier SOP’s and SIP’s, and ensure 100% SOP/SIP
- Lead FAI and CPK reviews to finalize engineering specifications so that
all critical dimensions are able to be mass produced at high yields
- Support new supplier and process development to satisfy the needs of
Sonos’ aggressive product roadmaps
- Validate supplier Gauge R&R requirements are complied with
- Support Sonos’ Design for Manufacturing & Quality initiatives
throughout the product development cycle
- Review and approve supplier raw materials incoming inspection methodology
- Achieve 100% OQC/IQC correlation between Sonos’ suppliers and contract
- Develop supplier quality KPI’s and weekly reporting format and content
- Implement Continuous Improvement Systems and regular progress reporting
with all key suppliers
- Provide supplier on-site technical leadership for all problem diagnosis
& resolution on sustaining products, and manage supplier’s 8D problem
- Conduct supplier tool qualifications necessary to achieve required
- Ensure on-site supplier technical coverage during critical NPI and PVT
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical parts supplier quality
engineering within a high volume manufacturing environment
- An excellent problem solver applying analytical and data-driven
- A strategic thinker and results oriented
- Excellent decisiveness - able to make decisions even when perfect data
is not available
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment – able to create and
implement processes and systems from scratch
- A proven supplier relationship management track record
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business
- In addition, the candidate should have a bachelor degree in Electrical
engineering from an accredited university, be willing and able to travel within
China up to 75% of their time, and have excellent Mandarin and English language
skills (both written and spoken).
Apply now and if there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.