Summer Internship 2020 | User Research Data Analyst
Department: Design and Creative
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work collaboratively with researchers to perform analysis, statistical validation, and visualization of data and trends. There will also be opportunities for you to identify and run your own projects.
- Partner with the Product Data team to understand how best to analyze the Sonos system data to answer specific research questions around user behavior.
- Engage and communicate with the product team to share your data insights, as well as collaborate on solutions and future directions.
- Create methods and best practices that User Research can use to better understand and leverage quantitative data in order to better understand the user.
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Science or a related field that requires statistics or related experience
- Background in applied statistics, including hypothesis testing, basic modeling (correlation, regression, etc.), data management, and visualization.
- Some experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Tableau), scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab)
- Strong communication skills, particularly when translating technical findings for a non-technical audience.
- Enjoy complex problem solving
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Curious and creative
- Team player who thrives on collaboration
- Comfortable being the sole data analyst on the User Research team
- Passionate about improving how people engage with technology and a personal love of music!
- Willing to live in Santa Barbara, California for duration of internship
- Travel up to 10%
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.