Summer Internship 2020 | UX Researcher, Beta (Boston)
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work closely with Beta Program Management and other teams at Sonos to identify research requirements by understanding their questions, product and business requirements, as well as their timelines for product features
- Determine how to utilize our many data collection platforms to gather credible, actionable data from Beta testers based on stakeholder needs
- Draft, build, review, and analyze surveys
- Assist Beta Researchers in conducting user research studies including recruiting participants, creating study protocols, and collecting and analyzing data, and surfacing insights
- Work with data analysts to develop a natural language process for identifying issues reported by testers
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, information science, statistics, data science, or a related field
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, such as C++, Java, Python, or Matlab
- Relevant internship, work experience, or project experience in an applied research setting, including, but not limited to, integrating user research into product designs and design practice
- Ability to be resourceful and organized; able to hunt down and keep track of information and evaluate sources for quality
- Keenly observant and able to synthesize and effectively share information
- Fascinated by people and understanding their motivations and behavior
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.