Summer Internship 2020 | Software Product Management (Boston, Seattle)
Location: Boston, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Research, analyze, and forecast technology, partner and consumer trends and identify new opportunities and areas where Sonos can address unmet or unanticipated needs.
- Gather and define requirements for software features and/or partner APIs and work with agile software teams to deliver on them.
- Work with your internal team and/or external partners to make the day-to-day experience and execution tradeoffs to create great products that ship: understand the limitations of what technology can do and challenge our designers and engineers in areas where we can stretch to achieve more.
- Work with user experience and user research teams to ensure an outstanding Sonos experience across the entire ecosystem of products, platforms and applications.
- Build, measure, learn: you'll use modern experimentation techniques to learn if new features drive the right outcomes for customers and the business
- You’ll have a dedicated PM mentor to show you the ropes and help you develop your craft in any one of a number of areas of specialization: personalization, data, mobile apps, hardware/IoT, APIs, partnering, and more.
- You’ll be supported by some of the friendliest, most brilliant, and most passionate people you’ve ever worked with.
- You are working on an undergraduate or graduate degree. Computer science, business or design-related majors are preferred, but not required. Our Product Management team has degrees in everything from business to biology to computer science to photography – and we’re proud of that diversity!
- You must have project experience working with product requirements or design.
- You are not afraid of the new and unknown; you embrace ambiguity, know what you don’t know, and have a passion for asking questions, learning new things, and putting that knowledge to use.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate both business/user value and complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- You know how to collaborate, inspire, and get the best work out of a team. You have a history of leading successful team projects, with positive outcomes – even when things don’t always go right.
- Experience working on software requirements or product design.
- Familiarity with agile software development, with experience as an agile product owner or other member of an agile software team is preferred.
- A passion for music and creating great products!
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.