Summer Internship 2020 | Software Development Engineer in Test (Boston, Seattle)
Location: Boston, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Quality engineers on the team work on a cross-functional team as equal partners with our developers and systems engineers. The whole team is responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering, and supporting our features.
- Engineer new automated testing methodologies & partner with developers to write automation code that will speed up the process of getting new features delivered to customers
- Improve the development experience via automated continuous-integration pipelines that includes timely feedback on the stability & readiness of your code and a seamless path to release-level quality
- Contribute to and democratize new forms of telemetry, data, and metrics to allow the team to measure, debug, and make better informed decisions based on data analytics and dashboards
- Help ensure new code moves easily through our development pipeline
- Work with the Operations teams when issues are found in deployed/production features which could affect our partners and customers
- Help expand our engineering toolset which will help us measure the quality of our features as they get released to production
- Ability to break down projects into iterative deliverables
- Jenkins (or other continuous integration build systems)
- Linux/Unix terminal
- Building and using automated test frameworks
- IOS/Desktop app development
- Debugging skills / Root Cause Analysis
- RESTful API testing
- Basic data analytic skills in Kibana or DataDog
- AWS, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in querying DB (MySQL,Cassandra)
- Scrum principles by participating in daily standup meetings, weekly grooming sessions, and other meetings
- Working alongside a mentor, manager, and other teammates who can provide expectations and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive and not be afraid to move quickly, challenge yourself, ask questions, and learn from failure
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.