Summer Internship 2020 | Retail Marketing, Americas
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- The intern’s primary project will be to create a competitive landscape report for various audio categories, detailing how these categories show up across various retail landscapes (direct, physical and digital), where they show up, and how consumers navigate this path to purchase. This report will be instrumental for the Americas Retail Marketing team to optimize growth in new categories.
- Physical retail is where customers go to experience our products. The intern will research what other brands are doing in physical retail to drive customer engagement in new and existing categories.
- Digital retail is key to driving customer education and conversion. The intern will research how Sonos shows up compared to other premium brands, perform testing, and share recommendations to drive higher customer engagement.
- Promotions are an important tactic to drive profitable growth. The intern will research promotional activities for premium brands and report on innovative ideas to drive sales while protecting our brand value.
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a degree in marketing, business or related majors
- Previous internship experience in marketing or related fields
- Advanced degree preferred
- Self starter - can take full ownership of complex projects with limited day to day guidance
- Team oriented - strong collaboration skills and team first mentality
- Detail oriented
- Clear communication skills - both written and verbal
- Openness to growth, curiosity and learning
- Ability to succeed at both individual and team centered work
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.