Summer Internship 2020 | Legal
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- As an intern on the Sonos legal team, you will gain exposure and help out on a variety of practice areas. Depending on your experience and interests, duties could include:
- Assisting with legal questions and topics specific to product development, manufacture and sale.
- Assisting with requests for information, including subpoena requests.
- Supporting on litigation or pre-litigation matters.
- Intellectual Property assignments relevant to Sonos’ patent and trademark portfolios.
- Investigating various issues related to international law.
- Working with inventors to identify patentable ideas and our prosecution team to develop those ideas into patent claims.
- Assisting with ongoing projects and conducting research on a variety of legal topics based on the needs of the business (e.g. music copyrights, employment law topics, privacy and data protection, attorney/client privilege, and warranty and consumer rights issues.
- Successfully completed undergraduate degree
- Currently a first year (1L) student at an accredited law school
- Experience working with cloud based software solutions, including document management systems
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office suite of programs: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn on the job and be nimble with the demands of the day!
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.