Subsystems Product Creation Leader
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- As a technical leader, you will be responsible for the product development team bringing an accessory or subsystem of a new product to market.
- Partner with the Product Management team to help inform the vision and requirements for new accessory products.
- You will inspire a high performing cross-functional team through charismatic and energetic leadership.
- You will keep the team on track, which means ensuring they are developing the right product within all the established program boundaries.
- You will communicate at many levels, to keep both your team aligned and senior Sonos leadership informed.
- 5+ years experience in consumer hardware product development
- Demonstrated success leading multi-disciplinary technical development teams
- Experience driving accessory products or product components into high-volume mass production with Asian contract manufacturers
- Has a passion for creating great products
- Incomparable drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Relentless sense of ownership for the success of a project
- Strong knowledge of hardware development best practices in several of the following areas:
- Digital and analog electronics, radio and antenna design, mechanical engineering, transducer and acoustic system engineering, embedded firmware development, and industrial design
- Knows how to create and maintain good team chemistry to create high performing teams
- Uncompromising team work ethic
- Able to travel within the US and Asia (sometimes with little notice)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.