Senior UX Product Designer, IoT & Hardware
Department: Design and Creative
Location: Santa Barbara
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including design, product management, Development, test, and research to design, test, refine and document simple and compelling user experiences, ensuring alignment with the overall Sonos strategy and product or feature requirements
- Go deep to understand the technical landscape of the Sonos system and identify opportunities to deliver the best experience possible.
- Provide detailed design specifications for new product experiences and iterative improvements to the Sonos platform. Ensure that specifications are detailed and watertight without becoming overly complicated.
- Leverage and refine the overall Sonos UX design landscape, using existing toolsets and design libraries, while continually contributing to improving how we work.
- Collaborate effectively over distance, understanding and adapting to what it takes for a distributed team to be aligned and effective.
- Occasional travel to other Sonos offices for key team collaborations, project kick offs, or team offsites.
- You have designed and shipped digital products that are both pleasurable and easy to use
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as user experience design, industrial design, HCI, user interface design,graphic design
- 5+ years of experience in user experience design and/or user interface design, preferably in the IoT space or for experiences that sit at the intersection of hardware and software.
- Deep experience working with software engineers in the Agile process and delivering the UX specification work needed for complex setup and configuration experiences
- Experience and appetite to engage with the tools needed to get the job done, including Sketch, Zeplin, Abstract, Framer, Flinto, JIRA and Confluence.
- Appetite for finding new ways to prototype hardware and software experiences to get at the crux of key problems, mitigate risk, and identify the best experience possible early within a program.
- A current portfolio available for viewing demonstrating the detailed work needed to ship products.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.