Sr. Support Engineer
Platforms and Infrastructure
We are looking for enthusiastic and customer service oriented candidates with rock solid Desktop and Infrastructure support experience to join our fast growing organization as a Senior IS Support Engineer. The role will be an integral part of the Global Infrastructure Services team which builds secure and scalable Infrastructure, while supporting the rapid expansion of our business.
The Senior IS Support Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting of both local & remote end user devices, networks, servers, voice, audio/visual and collaboration infrastructure issues, as well providing user training and security.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Review the Helpdesk ticketing system on a daily basis to ensure incident and service requests are processed in a timely manner within SLAs.
• Participates in an on-call rotation for incident response and performs initial response, troubleshooting, communications, status updates, logging, ticket creation, and additional operational tasks during critical outages.
• Perform regular operational tasks for Desktop & Infrastructure, which include hardware and software problems for all laptops, printers and networking devices, audio/visual, voice and video conferencing systems.
• Perform hardware and software installations and upgrades.
• Maintenance & asset management of Infra Services inventory.
• Provide end user training & education on Infra Services best practices as well as new software solutions.
• Partner with local hardware & software vendors, as well as contractors.
• Provide detailed technical documentation of standards, processes and procedures related to Helpdesk, as well updating any needed documentation for the existing environment.
• Provide voice and contact center system administration and maintenance, including mobile phones.
• Position could entail working non-standard hours, holidays and weekends.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited University in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience with troubleshooting computer hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 active directory and user account management.
• Knowledge of networking concepts and troubleshooting procedures.
• Knowledge of desktop encryption and security concepts.
• Excellent Windows 7, Windows 10 and Macintosh troubleshooting skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 & 2016 applications, as well Microsoft Office 365.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Certifications in Microsoft or Cisco technologies a plus.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• The selected candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
We'll review your application and will provide feedback within 1 week.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.