Sr. Software Engineer, Web Development
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Sonos is looking for a full-stack Senior Web Engineer to work with our team to design and build cutting-edge experiences with a focus on eCommerce, enabling music lovers everywhere to acquire our products and services in new and exciting ways. Combine your love of technology, music, and web design while pushing our web properties to new heights
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Turn your in-depth knowledge of responsive and adaptive design into fluid web-based experiences.
- Write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge forward.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a senior web front-end engineering role
- Experience implementing and using modern build tools (Webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Experience architecting front-end systems that interact with cloud services and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Strong development skills in a modern object-oriented language like Java or C#, and a familiarity with a dynamic language, preferably Python
- Experience with development on the Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform (ISML templates, B2C Commerce API, etc.)
- Experience implementing headless solutions (checkout, front-end)
- Experience with data query languages such as GraphQL
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.