Sr. SDET - Business Features
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Engineer new automated framework to support embedded devices and cloud services
- Drive and document test strategies, design edge cases, and conduct manual and automated testing for various features across all platforms: Mac, Win, Linux, Android and iOS
- Constantly perform gap analysis to ensure good test coverage, assess and provide proactive advice or solutions
- Investigate logs and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization of any issues discovered during manual and/or automated testing that runs in a CI environment
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation
- Mentor other members of the team to expand their technical competencies and to adapt the best software engineering practices
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a senior back-end / service side automation and testing role
- Demonstrate proficiency writing code for automation with one or more of the following: Python, Pytest, GoLang, C/C++
- Proven experience with server backend, APIs and Cloud services automation testing in a B2B model
- Experience with: GitHub / Perforce, Jira, TestRail, CI/CD, Jenkins, Kubernetes, AWS Cloud and Linux as a development platform
- Experience with Tableau dashboards, system reliability, objective quality results and quality metrics
- Experience with Web automation and/or mobile testing
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Exploratory testing
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.