Sr New Initiatives Program Manager
Department: Business Operations
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead and inspire high performing program teams to deliver their best work.
- Lead End to End program planning, execution and management.
- Work across Operations and Go to Market functions to deliver new business initiatives globally across regions and partners.
- Constantly challenge the way and why we do things – strive to always improve the what and how.
- Establish the rhythm of the program, setting clear expectations for what’s needed through each phase of the program process.
- Be the honest broker ensuring full transparency and misalignments are identified and resolved.
- Ensure knowledge is shared and easily accessible.
- Deliver concise, consistent and timely communications.
- Create and maintain program plans.
- Understand resource availability and allocations, highlighting and resolving gaps proactively.
- Use your long-range radar to effectively manage risk and prevent surprises.
- Be an expert meeting facilitator, able to confidently deliver updates to executives.
- Get in the trenches as needed to support the team in solving everyday problems – know when to escalate.
- 8+ years’ experience as a fully empowered program or product manager for complex initiatives with expert knowledge of program management principles working in a multi-phase integrated process.
- Strong track record of creating empowered, agile program teams with proper oversight and communication to enable fast decision making.
- Proven track record of coaching and developing people and teams - especially in globally diverse, fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environments.
- Consumer electronics and/or direct to consumer industry experience a strong plus;
- Strong business process, technical orientation, or engineering background as well as leading large software implementations;
- Working knowledge of standard program management methodologies and tools preferred with a strong leaning towards Agile;
- Strong collaboration and experience communicating and influencing at the highest level of an organization.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.