Sr. Manager Software Test, Embedded
Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
As the Sr. SW Test Manager - Embedded, you will lead the team responsible for testing the embedded software technology that powers our innovative audio streaming system for the home. You will be expected to lead the team as a hands-on technical expert while also driving test and automation strategy. Your team will be testing various system related aspects of the platform such as audio pipeline, device drivers, kernel, and application logic. You will work closely with cross functional teams to understand business requirements and product architecture, and also to develop effective test methodologies and plans.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Be an active participant and engaged part of your feature team – you are the voice of both quality and the customer during the development process.
• Participate in the planning and design process for new features and initiatives.
• Deliver efficient and thorough automated testing.
• Drive software telemetry efforts to understand real-world usage and performance that drives product improvements.
• Leading, managing, mentoring and growing a world class test team.
• Overall 7+ years total experience with at least 2 years of QA management and tests process expertise in the embedded or audio/video streaming domains
• Proven ability to attract and engage top talent
• Strong networking knowledge with expertise in troubleshooting and debugging
• Experience in design and development of Automation frameworks and Automation Testing Strategies
• Strong fundamental knowledge of Linux kernel or user space testing
• Should be very hands on, passionate about technology and quality
Apply now and if there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.