Sr. Manager, FP&A, Global Go-to-Market
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Be the lead finance business partner for the Global GTM organization and functional managers making the voice of Finance heard
- Primary support for Global Retail team providing a critical insight into the Sonos Direct P&L
- Coach and develop team (currently 1 direct report) to deliver high performance and critical impact to the finance and GTM teams
- Challenge, coach, motivate and influence key decision makers. Influence through effective communication, explain data and analysis concisely to those without a financial background.
- Provide guidance and support to GTM/Marketing strategy and objectives and ensure financial implications have the right level of consideration to make more informed decisions. Develop a regular cadence with business team members to drive and communicate best practices.
- Create an ROI culture in GTM with appropriate cash flow and income statement analysis for projects
- Work closely with business partners to set plans, review actual performance, analyze spend patterns, and manage budget interventions.
- Create month-end reporting cadence that gives insight to not only OPEX & CAPEX variance across the teams you support, but also articulates the impact (risks and opportunities) to future financial results
- Assist in revenue analysis, scenario planning and reporting to provide improved understanding for Finance and GTM teams.
- Drive the planning and forecasting process with business partners, including the annual plan and the long-range business plan; coordinate the calendar, tools (Anaplan), and templates (Excel)
- Drive an understanding of the P&L, create awareness of trends, and steer for long term optimization of revenue and profit.
- Partner with the Accounting team to ensure key expense item accruals for month-end support
- Partner with Core FP&A to create tools that allow for more accurate reporting and better insight
- Assist in new system implementations
- Focus on process improvement opportunities across all GTM functions, FP&A, accounting, and other partners to improve efficiency, reporting and performance
- Oversee ad hoc projects and gain an in-depth understanding of the targets, challenges and gaps supporting key business partners within Finance and GTM
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience, Business or Finance required;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the financial analysis and reporting function with demonstrated experience as a business partner
- Financial experience should include full P&L familiarity and budget management
- Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced Excel analysis skills coupled with great visuals that tell the business story
- Excellent communication skills as many of our business partners are located across the globe, anticipatory thinking and technical prowess
- Intense attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of personal accountability
- Self-starter - demonstrating high energy/creativity, relentless customer-focus, and entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for collaborating with others to deliver the best possible outcome while balancing key constraints
- Experience in data mining across multiple large data sets with solid understanding of relational database structure
- High integrity, self-aware, humble
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.