Sr. Graphic Designer, Packaging - Experience & Design
Department: Design and Creative
Location: Santa Barbara
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Conceptualize superior packaging visual design systems across multiple categories and partnerships
- Provide clear, focused direction (i.e. design brief, sketches) to drive programs and initiatives
- Develop scalable and consistent visual identity systems for product portfolios with multiple categories
- Define and create packaging style guides to support experiential criteria
- Influence the development of sustainable packaging efforts or initiatives
- Aesthetic sensitivity: Ability to consistently deliver and innovate design concepts that express a strong eye towards form and function, attention to detail and conceptual clarity. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to draw upon contemporary trends in a way that results in compelling visual design solutions for the holistic packaging system (exterior and interior).
- Creative thinking: Ability to think creatively and critically across a range of problem types while keeping sight of the “big picture” goals. Additionally, the right candidate will have a genuine interest in working across problems that touch upon industrial design, packaging, interaction design and brand in a manner that reinforces the Sonos design and brand promise.
- Organizational skills: Candidates should be detail driven and seasoned in navigating packaging interaction and development processes for volume production: tracking schedules, program aims and manufacturing considerations while striving to deliver impactful visual systems/stories that support products. Experience in managing outside vendors (design firms, suppliers, contractors, etc.) is a requirement.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or Science in the field of Graphic Design, Print & Packaging Design, or related discipline
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience in designing brand identities, packaging and print in a corporate or consulting environment
- Mastery of typography, layout, color use, composition and brand identity principles
- Experience in delivering premium branded visual solutions for worldwide markets
- Experience with art direction for illustrations, renders and photography
- Experience in developing visual solutions for volume production and manufacturing
- Expert knowledge of software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, G-Suite or MS Office, (Keyshot a plus)
- Experience with video editing, 3D and motion graphics a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and visually
- Ability to multi-task, work quickly, accurately, but take time for reflection and innovation
- Ability to travel approximately 10% annually
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.