Sr. Global Category Planner
Sonos is a fast growing global enterprise and an established brand that combines innovation with lifestyle,
with huge momentum on its journey to a simple, but far reaching vision – to fill every home with music.
In line with this ambition and the resulting growth plans, there is a continuous need for Sonos to invest in its organization across the globe, thus growing the level of professionalism, talent and experience within the Company.
At Sonos, the Global Operations team is responsible for all global Supply Chain, Customer Service and Business Operations activities required to serve to its global sales channels and end user customers within best in class product delivery and after sales service levels and against lowest possible levels of cost and inventory.
Within Global Operations, the Global Planning team has responsibility for the End to End balancing of Consumer and Channel Partner Demand with Supply. This includes the responsibility to secure product availability against agreed Service Levels, through the careful management of Product Supply plans, as well as through the maintenance of overall Sonos and Sales Channel Inventory levels against agreed business targets. This position also includes responsibility for coordinating new product launch activities, end of life production plans and channel transitions.
Aligned to its vision to fill every house with music and it’s strive for continuous innovation, Sonos is investing significantly in the expansion of its product portfolio. This is resulting in a continuous flow of new product introductions as well as product refresh, upgrade and transition projects. The need to manage these projects effectively and efficiently adds significant responsibility and complexity to the activities of the Global Planning team.
Working closely with Product Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Customer Services and the Supply Chain team, the Global Category Planner is the central point of coordination for the end to end planning of Demand, Finished Goods Supply and Component Sourcing of a specific product category of the Sonos product portfolio.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Working closely with Product Marketing, Sales and the Supply Chain teams, the Sr. Category Planner is responsible to develop and maintain a set of end to end product plans across the product lifecycles of his/her product category, containing long term sourcing and production capacity requirements, inventory and sales projections as well as product registration plans.
• Working closely together with the Regional Demand Planners as well as the Supply and Materials Planning team, the Sr. Category Planner actively supports the weekly & monthly Supply & Demand Balancing cycle and translation of Sales Forecasts into clear supply plans, material sourcing plans, inventory projections, product availability service levels and allocations, for his/her product category.
• The Sr. Category Planner has responsibility for managing the alignment of Demand and Supply, including projected finished goods inventory, and all analytics and reporting relevant to their product category in the Anaplan system.
• As member of the Integrated Business Planning organization and Global Planning team, Sr. Category Planner
• Conducts various analysis both on own initiative and on request from the wider Global Operations organization to support decision making around product category related topics.
• Takes a leadership role in the development and implementation of a best in class planning infrastructure of business processes, operating practices and tools.
• Generates relevant business scenarios and risk mitigation plans for their assigned product category, and presents recommended supply/demand action plans to drive the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Decision cycle.
• Working in concert with the NPI Business Planner, the Sr. Global Category Planner is responsible for managing the transition of New Products from the ramp phase to launch execution and sustaining mode.
• The Sr. Global Category Planner coordinates End of Life planning activities, including EOL allocation setting, facilitating EOP decision process, EOP planning, managing inventory transition plans of both Components and Finished Good products across the Sonos Supply Chain and the global Sonos Sales channels.
• BSc degree in Business Management, Statistics, Logistics or Finance preferred.
• 8-10 years of experience in a complex Global Product Management, Business Operations Planning or Supply Chain Operations environment, in the High Tech, Consumer Electronics or Luxury Consumer Goods sector.
• Solid experience to conduct complex analysis and turn large data sets into meaningful business information
• Experience in business process improvement projects as well as program and project management.
• Experienced in - as well as flexible to - working across regions, cultures and time zones.
• Intelligent and ambitious personality with attention to detail and excellent analytic skills.
• Devoted customer oriented attitude.
• Excellent team worker and communicator.
• Ability to turn complexity into simplicity.
• Stress resistant, independent and self starter.
• Advanced skills Microsoft Excel, Access and proficient in, Word, PowerPoint, Share Point; experience with Business Intelligence tools and ERP / Databases preferred. Experience with Anaplan preferred.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.