Sr. Digital Electrical Engineer
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Develop and design digital circuits for new audio products within a combined Analog and Digital EE team
- Learn and bring in new digital technologies to Sonos product development team
- Advance the simulation and test methodology of digital design
- Ensure design compliance with all industry standards and regulatory requirements including EMC
- Work cooperatively across multiple disciplines in a fast-paced environment to achieve successful end results
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent STEM degree, with 5-10+ years of related industry experience OR Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent STEM degree, with 3-5+ years of related industry experience
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: digital audio (I2S, SPDIF), crystal clock, micro-controller, CPU, Ethernet, PCIe, SDIO, HDMI, MIPI, I2C, USB, DDR, FLASH, or other related
- Hands-on experience with partial or complete ownership of digital electronics design
- Experience troubleshooting and system-level technical knowledge.
- Experience working across multiple disciplines in one or more of the following: mechanical engineering, radio engineering, and other product development engineering teams including ID, UX, packaging and other related functions
- Well-developed reporting and communication skills, including the ability to explain and summarize and complicated issues.
- Experience in analog circuit design (op amp, comparator, IR, sensor, power)
- Experience using audio test equipment (AP)
- Experience using RF and/or EMC test equipment (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, Agilent or IQFlex WiFi analyzers)
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements and testing procedures (ESD, EMI, safety)
- Ability to propose, set up, and execute validation testing plans with minimal guidance.
- Ability to use simulation/analysis tools and best engineering judgment to close issues
- Technically inquisitive – must be able to take on new technical challenges and learn new technical skills on-the-fly and apply the knowledge to solve the issue at hand.
- Detailed-oriented, genuine curiosity about how and why, passionate about your work
- Strong sense of ownership and excellent time management
- Ability to execute on designs as well as explain design decisions to others
- Experience with team leadership and/or mentorship, or an interest in it
- Ability to work with people with different cultural backgrounds and/or in different locations
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.