Sourcing Analyst - Electronics
Sonos provides the ultimate home listening experience to our users and as a Sourcing Analyst, you will play an integral role in successfully delivering our amazing hardware products. As a key member of the Electronics Sourcing Team, you will be working with multiple groups internally, as well as our external suppliers.
You will be responsible for executing sourcing strategies, ensuring global material supply availability, and supporting key initiatives for electronic components and sub-systems.
Previous work within a fast-growth high-tech electronics development or manufacturing environment in an engineering role is ideal for the role, as you work closely with a global technical team.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Partner with Sonos’ Product Design and Engineering teams to review design specs and recommend sources that can meet Sonos’ volume, quality, and cost requirements. Drive technical decisions that are aligned to strategic sourcing goals.
• Your day-to-day will vary and you will need to collaborate with others and be able to lead by influence.
• You will research and evaluate electronic components and sub-systems based on product development, marketing and long-range product roadmap requirements.
• Schedule and lead supplier meetings to review commercial terms and technical roadmaps and formulate a strategy to convey product and market information back to the electronics sourcing and development organizations.
• Continuously research and monitor the industry and report on significant activities in the areas of new technologies, supplier capacity and R&D investments, mergers and acquisitions, and competitors’ activities.
• You will review production product designs and execute value engineering activities to achieve product cost reductions, reduce BOM risk and enable long-term manufacturability by proactively identifying and recommending additional component sources.
• You will support bi-annual supplier performance reviews, factory audits and supplier risk assessments, and provide technical review and contribution to RFP/RFQ (Request For Proposal/Request For Quotation) solicitations as needed by the Electronics GSM’s.
• Relationship-oriented person; you are detailed and decisive with an ability to communicate things and look ahead, and have experience working extensively with both internal and external partners.
• Strong understanding of the Hardware Product Development process.
• Proven record of working with small teams/resources to achieve better-than-expected results.
• 3+ years of electrical design experience preferably working within a high volume consumer electronics industry. You have worked directly with electronic component suppliers, distributors and manufacturer’s representatives. This position will evolve to include commodity base management consisting of one or more component categories.
• A proven track record of quickly learning new technologies and determining their applicability to current and future product designs.
• A strategic thinker with a results-oriented approach and a demonstrated capability to apply analytical problem solving techniques.
• Natural leadership competencies with an ability to influence others through style, personality and subject matter expertise. Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision-making. You are able to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data.
• Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment.
• B.S. in Engineering and strong technical acumen is crucial.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.