Sonos | Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Execute the Fiscal year SOX Program:
- Lead the update of assigned Risk Control Matrices (RCMs), process flows, narratives, and control walkthroughs
- Evaluate Sonos’ internal control environment and provide recommendations to ensure compliance with SOX and contribute to more efficient, cost-effective, and streamlined audits for Sonos’ external auditor
- Track and report on the progress of SOX control deficiencies and observations identified during the fiscal year and monitor remediation according to prescribed deadlines with external audit firm and the Audit Committee
- Lead and report on scheduled audit assignments as per the approved annual audit plan:
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of financial, compliance, and operational controls using your objectivity and independence as an outsider, your professional benchmarks, and the department’s methodical approach
- Perform audit planning, execution, and reporting adhering to standards set by The Institute of Internal Auditors within the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing
- Track and report on progress toward completion of action plans against audit observations on a quarterly basis
- Seek opportunities to provide counsel and education to the Sonos community through mechanisms such as workshops, committee participation, and consultation projects to enhance the company’s understanding of sound business practices to improve process quality, risk mitigation, objective achievement, and strengthening of the overall control environment.
- Continuously seek to improve knowledge and skills related to the theories, methods, and principles of the profession of internal auditing and knowledge of the Corporate environment by:
- Develop and deliver on objectives contained in the annual Audit Plan
- Support and provide input on projects/standards/audit guides for Sonos processes and controls
- Dedicate time to pursue a relevant professional certification(s) (CIA, CPA, or CISA) and/or complete the associated continuing education hours required to maintain good standing with any certification(s), and
- Act as a subject matter expert for designated processes
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a business-related field of study, preferably Accounting
- A designation, such as a CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant audit-related certification
- Minimum 3 years of experience required, with strong preference for prior experience in public accounting and private industry, including at least 1 years engagement supervisory experience
- Preferred Big 4 experience, specifically with US public client exposure
- Demonstrated knowledge of IIA Standards, US GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements
- Strategic thinker with solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including experience with Excel, Access, Tableau, or other tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research using various sources including FASB, IIA, AICPA, etc. and effectively communicate results in the form of discussion, presentation or technical memorandum
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks, and manage project with tight deadlines
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.