Software Test Engineer
At Sonos we're passionate about creating the finest audio experiences in the world for our customers and connect them to the content they want and wherever they are located.
As member of Sonos IX team, your role will be to help build and test the features for content, discovery, playback and controls that ensures our customers have high quality experience at home or on the go.
Work closely with the SW team in the design, testing and implementation in an Agile framework methodology.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work closely with other testers, developers, UX designers and product managers.
- Be an active participant and engaged part of your Scrum team.
- Establish checklists and non-complex ways of measuring quality
- Investigate common logs and test results, open bugs and help triaging bugs to determine root cause.
- Test various features across all platforms: Mac, Windows, Android and iOS.
- Write test cases and decide on validation points that need to be inspected.
- Define goals for story-level work or smaller project initiatives.
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation.
- Collaborate with other members to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented at the end of each sprint.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with version control (GitHub, Perforce…) , Jira and Test Case Management (TestRail).
- Experience with UI and app testing, testing desktop and mobile devices: iOS and Android
- Demonstrate knowledge about different types of testing: functional vs. unit testing, boundary testing, positive and negative testing.
- Have a good understanding of the best practices for test environment, software development lifecycle, Agile methodology and release process.
- Understand how to test software quality in the team’s own domain and determine tests from well-defined requirements or acceptance criteria.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.