Software Service Engineer Customer Care
Sonos is committed to delivering the ultimate home listening experience to our users.
As Software Service Engineer Customer Care, you are part of the Sonos Product Returns Team.
You will be responsible for developing, deploying and sustaining technical screening tools for all Sonos audio products, which includes development of test systems and tools. You will support the set-up and training for all field screening locations and authorized repair and service locations.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Work with the manufacturing test team to help develop test strategies for RMA depot screening and repair test.
• Verify the RMA test line for all fixture and RMA test code releases to RMA line.
• Verify test code for release to screening depot lines.
• Be responsible for verification and fault coverage analysis of RMA diagnostics.
• Document all aspects of RMA Screening line test.
• Have knowledge of test requirements for Digital, Analog, Wireless, and Acoustic designs.
• Improve test efficiency in depot screening lines including test process automation.
• Work with 3rd parties and internally to develop, document, and validate all repair processes.
• Provide sustaining technical support for screening and repair operations.
• Travel internationally as required.
• BSEE or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent cross functional communication skills with a multisite development team.
• Experience with Diagnostic firmware, C, C++, and Linux operating system.
• Excellent debug skills, able to root cause firmware, test software, issues.
• 7+ years of experience in developing test programs using Perl, LabVIEW and TestStand.
• 7+ years of experience in development and implementation of RMA test systems and tools.
• Experience with working with a CM factory team is preferred.
• Experience in Reverse Logistics is preferred.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first interview.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.