Software Engineer - Web API
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers. From installation to listening to sharing, the customer experience is everything. Keeping the music playing is what the Customer Care team is all about, and the engineering branch of the customer care team enables us to keep it playing loud.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos customer care experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to use our products, to help them when there is a problem, and remain connected to the community they love.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• You know the power of the application is often in the API, and you’ve built RESTful APIs that power fantastic web experiences.
• You’ve got skills in NoSQL document databases like Mongo or DynamoDB.
• You write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
• You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current st
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• You know how source control works and you can’t live without it, you are test-first, and you know that going fast means getting things right at the start.
• Proven ability to get projects out the door with high quality, on tight timelines.
• Web or product design experience.
• A background or understanding of physical networking or hardware design and service would add significant value.
• Process or manufacturing engineering experience in a customer electronics environment.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.