Software Development Engineer in Test - Foundation Services
Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers. Our partners share our passion and build compelling experiences that showcase their ingenuity alongside our own. The lever that moves this world: our platform.
Come help us test the next generation IoT platform and API for controlling the Sonos system as part of a smart, Internet-connected home. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy, and unlocking novel ways to control a Sonos system, such as voice and 3rd party apps. As a member of the Foundation Services Test Team your role will be to help build the cloud-based micro-services that ensure our customers can create and manage their accounts, register their devices, and access Sonos and third party cloud services. You'll also get to work on key technology like our firmware update service. Our goal is to ensure that we can rapidly release services confidently and support them easily.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
Test engineers on the Foundation Services team work on cross-functional team as equal partners with our developers and systems engineers. The whole team is responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering, and supporting our services. You will be expected to understand the features being built and help determine the best course of action to test those features in an automated fashion.
This requires you to:
- Be the voice of the consumer on the team and help hone the end user experience through thoughtful testing and validation. This is not always straight forward with backend APIs. The sooner you raise potential issues the quicker they can be addressed.
- Engineer new automated tests using our existing Java framework. You may also be asked to extend the framework where necessary. Be ready to write tests at unit, integration, and functional acceptance levels.
- Constantly perform gap analyses of existing test automation. When writing new tests ensure that all tests cover as much as possible while being as lean as possible.
- Monitor, debug, and fix breakages in the unattended automation that runs in our Continuous Integration environment
- Sign off on promoting new code through our deployment pipeline.
- Work with the Operations teams when issues are found in deployed services. Be part of the on-call rotation.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.