Software Development Engineer in Test - First Experience Technology
Platforms and Infrastructure
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest audio experiences in the world for our customers. Potential customers want to see and feel that experience first hand as they make their buying decisions. An epic first experience is what makes people realize what Sonos is all about, and you’re just the one to build it.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos retail experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy.
Apply your creativity and prodigious engineering skills to build a framework for testing in the retail environment. This isn’t your grandmother’s test framework – you’ll be building functional tests, performance tests and stress tests. Sonos retail displays will work 100% of the time in 100% of their deployments, and you’re the reason why.
If you love music, solving challenging software problems and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Understand the architectural foundations of the hardware and software stack of the Sonos retail displays and build a test framework to insure that any implementation of those stacks works to specification, all the time, in every deployment.
• Write the software to test the Sonos retail hardware and software stack. Code wins, and you write winning code. Code that is clear, maintainable and easily extendable.
• You know what operational excellence means. Not only do you insist that systems are designed with operational excellence in mind, you contribute to the process of bringing operational excellence to the designs in the first place.
• You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current state of technology.
• You are articulate and concise in written and verbal technical communication.
• 5+ years of experience leading complex test automation efforts including both hardware and software.
• Experience building and/or testing UI, real-time, embedded and networking.
• Experience using and maintaining open source automation frameworks. You have to know what Fit means, what BDD is. Doesn’t matter what framework you think is best but you’d better have a good reason why you feel the way you do.
• Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins.
• Experience with test case management and reporting tools.
• High degree of familiarity with bash shell scripting and working in Unix environments.
• Experience on Scrum teams in an Agile development environment.
• Embedded systems experience is a real plus.
• A maker mentality.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.