Software Development Engineer - Cloud Platform (Boston)
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- You will work closely with others to define project requirements and scope, and plan for upcoming work.
- You will work with your team in an agile development environment and collaborate with QA and UX.
- You will participate in code reviews and discussions with other developers, lead software design and code walkthrough meetings.
- You will explore and innovate on the Sonos products during hack week.
- Experience designing and building scalable and highly available microservices in a distributed system with a focus on high concurrency and low latency.
- 5+ years experience working in Java & Java web frameworks (Spring, WildFly), multi-threaded programming
- Experience working with a commercial cloud services platform, such as AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, Elasticache, Route53)
- Experience with NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc) and SQL (MySQL, etc) databases
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with HTTP, TCP/IP, and other networking protocol stacks.
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software under tight time constraints.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with the IoT - combining embedded devices and cloud services.
- Familiarity with web application security, SSL, OAuth.
- Experience with performance testing, measuring KPIs, benchmarking, load injection, OS and app tuning.
- Experience with Ansible or similar deployment orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Experience with websockets, SOAP/XML
- Experience building a large scale, multi-region cloud service in Node.js or a modern framework
- Experience working with c# .net technology stack
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.