Software Creative Technologist
Department: Design and Creative
Location: Santa Barbara
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Provide thought leadership that educates Experience Planning partners with regard to technical considerations that support or inform the group’s work.
- Scope and build prototypes and proof points that allow the XP team to vet proposals and feasibility with users.
- Work in partnership with the Creative Technologist/HW to help XP understand the technical implications of their work.
- Partner with Experience Design in developing new experiences, helping them assess the feasibility of creative ideas and identify technical challenges that should/may need to be overcome to achieve them.
- Partner with the Planning function in XP, advising them on emergent technologies within the market.
- Act as a bridge to the development organization within Sonos; connecting XP and its projects to relevant areas of expertise within the organization and informing product and technology roadmaps toward future experiences.
- Draw upon previous experience to identify pertinent trends and developments in the industry that are relevant to the work of Experience Planning.
- Utilize creative problem-solving skills and new technologies to make the impossible possible when it comes to interactive experiences.
- Research technical documentation, APIs, integration with 3rd party technologies etc. when such knowledge is needed to confirm project requirements, expectations and specific details.
- Understand complex technical documentation, APIs, integration with 3rd party technologies both current and emerging.
- Adept at software development in numerous languages/platforms, able to use the technology fitting to the problem, especially those intersecting with hardware/embedded development.
- Expertise in front-end frameworks, libraries for mobile & web, and a passion for exploring emerging technologies.
- Had experience launching projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking.
- Comfort assessing the general impact of new technologies without exhaustive research, without personal bias.
- Capable of learning and assessing new/emerging platforms and frameworks that support interactions relevant to the work of XP
- Ability to collaborate closely with designers, product planners, and other partners to deliver new world class products.
- Expert organization skills and the ability to work on a variety of priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.