Senior Vendor Manager - Indirect Procurement
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders to develop category and supplier relationship management strategies that deliver value back to Sonos
- Drive analysis of category spend to identify opportunities to reduce spend by establishing and utilizing all available savings levers. Develop business case to substantiate opportunities and prioritization.
- Lead bid process, including requirement gathering, RFP development, evaluation criteria, industry benchmarking, vendor selection, negotiation strategy, legal redlining and final contract signing
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan to drive value across multiple categories based on an understanding of the business’ priorities, the market, spend baseline and benchmarking expertise
- Lead supplier relationship management, building and maintaining relationships with strategic suppliers across multiple categories
- Experience developing procurement strategies for Facilities, IT, Logistics and Professional Services to optimize cost & service, including design and execution of global RFQs, contract negotiations, etc.
- 5-7 years of experience in an Indirect Procurement role, with responsibility for various spend categories (IT, Facilities, Travel, Consulting Services)
- Systems literate – understands systems and how to develop and maximize their impact through processes, structures, skills and partnerships
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Navigate ambiguity – comfortable with uncertainty, able to develop a point of view with limited information and articulate opinions across all levels
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company and influence senior leadership on strategic direction, business case value proposition and sourcing recommendations
- Strong analytical ability to quickly gather facts, perform root cause analysis and draw conclusions
- Experience with Procure to Pay, including best practices around establishing a process and driving compliance
- Strategic operator - able to define and implement an ambitious strategy through cross functional influence and leadership at all levels. Thinks big, always looking for more effective ways of achieving goals
- Externally inquisitive – always looks to understand our customers, partners, and wider environment and uses this as an input to critical thinking
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.