Senior User Researcher
Department: Design and Creative
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You will launch an Agile Research Program in our Boston office with a regular and predictable cadence of research studies to support various product teams and initiatives.
- You will partner with Product Managers, User Experience and Industrial Designers to digest learnings, prioritize agile research efforts, and direct vendors to execute the work and/or conduct studies yourself as needed.
- You will ensure research is completed in a thoughtful and rigorous way, learnings are clearly communicated, and insights are used to inform product decisions.
- You have 5+ years of experience conducting and managing user research projects at an agency, in-house or both for technology companies, consumer hardware and/or mobile software products and systems.
- You’re comfortable with multitasking and adapting to an ever-evolving, energetic environment and collaborating with teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- You have experience planning, executing and presenting research in agile software development and have a strong understanding of how design research fits in an agile framework.
- You have experience managing and forecasting a research budget.
- You have experience guiding third-party research vendors through projects and are familiar with research tools and testing equipment.
- You have previous experience in an incubation environment or on v1 products or services.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.