Senior Software Test Engineer - Enterprise Applications
Platforms and Infrastructure
Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
A great team of dedicated engineers are transforming Sonos’ systems to support huge growth in the scale and complexity of our business. As part of this team, you will be instrumental in defining and implementing test strategies and plans to ensure high-quality software for our business operations. Quality business platforms allow us to deliver exceptional customer experiences for the world’s most design- and tech-savvy music lovers, and you will be responsible for meeting this goal for a range of important projects. We have excellent team collaboration between developers, QA and business analysts and everyone is committed to delivering high-quality software that supports Sonos’ growth. We’re at the leading edge of major revolutionary change in the music industry – help us make this future real by delivering enterprise systems that are up to the challenge.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
- A demonstrable history of self-motivation and a bias towards taking action and getting things done.
- Experience working in a hands-on quality assurance role over several years.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise business process best practices and supporting software systems in one or more of the following areas: (1) Sales Processing, (2) Logistics and Distribution, (3) Supply Chain, (4) Purchasing, (5) Reverse Logistics, or, (6) Financial Accounting.
- Experience working with complex integrated business software and ERP systems (Dynamics GP desirable but other ERP like SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Siebel, and JD Edwards are also suitable).
- Moderate level C# programming skills suitable for writing tests and other general purpose programming tasks.
- An ability to write moderately-complex SQL queries.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to advocate for quality with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Exposure to BizTalk or other enterprise integration platforms, and Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with source control principles and multi-tier system landscape architectures.
- A familiarity with industry standard quality frameworks and best practices, and an ability to apply such concepts to longer term quality improvement strategies.
We regularly change the mix of software we work with (so the ability to learn new technologies is important), but our current environment includes the following:
- MS Dynamics GP and CRM
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Marketing Cloud and Sales/Service Cloud
- MS BizTalk
- Proprietary .Net C# applications
- MS SQL Server
- MS Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Slack
- Revel POS
When applying, please highlight relevant experience in QA and business process knowledge if it is not plainly evident from your resume.
We will review all applications and respond within one week.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.