Senior Software Engineer
At Sonos, we are passionate about creating and delivering the finest HiFi audio experiences to our customers. Our products stream all the music on Earth, in every room, wirelessly, and you control it all from the palm of your hand. It’s easy to use, but keeping things simple and bug free is hard work.
We work closely with user experience experts to develop UX-centric applications that connect people to music. Software Engineers working on mobile applications collaborate with some of the brightest minds across multiple disciplines in software, hardware, and design. Our team learns from our users as we constantly improve their experience – making it easier to find and listen to their music out loud in their home.
As a Software Engineer in the Interaction Experience group you will be responsible for improving the Sonos mobile applications to seamlessly connect with our listeners. Your team is innovating new user interfaces that help people discover and control their music with the Sonos system. If you love music, solving challenging software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Deliver professional customer-facing software, on schedule and with a high degree of quality.
- Be integral in designing the future of the Sonos app experience.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, User Experience Designers, Product Managers, DevOps Engineers, and Test Engineers to coordinate larger features.
- Ask questions, think on your feet, and absorb lots of information.
- Deliver simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- A demonstrably high level of expertise in software development using Java or Objective-C.
- Experience developing on the Android and/or iOS platforms, with a demonstrated drive for shipping first class solutions and apps.
- Experience or exposure to C++.
- Exposure to or experience with network-connected apps.
- Experience breaking down larger features into parts, and working with teammates to get the feature done.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Nice to have (but definitely not required):
- Experience developing for Windows with C# and .NET
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.